See the Post >
See the Post >

"I almost wish i hadn’t gone down that rabbit hole and yet it’s rather curious, you know, this sort of life!"

August 1, 2014

Shades of Grey


Hello Curiouser Cats! I just recovered from food poisoning and I got sick on Tuesday night after having some tacos in honor of "Taco Tuesday." I also drank a margarita with my cousins, so when I first vomited I thought it was because I drank too much. So after that, Jordan and I decided to go to a bar with some friends because I thought I felt better after throwing up the first time. Well, guess what happened next? I was dancing with my friends, having a good time, refusing to drink any more drinks, then all of a sudden I felt the need to throw up again. So I ran to the bathroom and barfed so much! At the time, I still didn't think anything of food poisoning. I legit thought it was because of that darn margarita, so I went back out to the dance floor and continued to have the time of my life with my friends. My stomach was hurting and cramping the entire time but I thought nothing of it. I actually survived the night and stayed at the bar with my friends until it closed around 2am. Then I drove home and as soon as I got in the house, I ran to the bathroom and all hell broke loose! (This next part is TMI, but...) I was vomiting all over the bathroom floor, AND I had the runs at the same time. I was on the toilet and had the trashcan in front of me. My night ended horribly...but now I'm fully recovered and this outfit came out of it.



Funny part about all of this is that after vomiting so much, my abs actually started to show more. So I decided to show it off a bit in this outfit, he he! Also, my mom is an RN and as soon as I told her I got food poisoning, she put me on a "clear liquid diet." So on Wednesday, all I had was chicken broth soup (just the soup, no noodles, just flavored water basically), jello, gatorade and water. Then as soon as I started feeling a bit better, I advanced to eating crackers and bananas. Yesterday, I was feeling a little better and had an Acai bowl for breakfast, soup for lunch, and a grilled cheese for dinner. Mind you, that's not a lot of food, which explains why my abs would show more. Also notice, I haven't had meat since Tuesday...and I don't plan on eating meat for a while. Yuck!




I've really been into sporty looks all summer! I love mixing monochrome pieces with a sports bra and some kicks. We all know I love incorporating my kicks in my looks. I also love mixing sporty pieces with girly pieces. This look is a great example of that! I've really been into wearing midi skirts/dresses with my Air Max 90s...they just go well together.


(Obey Cardigan, Nike Sports Bra, Asos Midi Skirt, Nike Air Max 90, ZeroUV sunnies)

Hope you all enjoy this look! It's a comfortable outfit and great to wear when you're out running errands!

#STAYCURIOUS, CuriouserLia

8 comments:

  1. Love it!


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt looks amazing! Love the pop of colour from the lipstick x

    BLOG | Talking Pickles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you're feeling better. Love the look as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is clean. Really digging the Nikes.

    www.TheFollowFashion.com

    ReplyDelete