See the Post >
See the Post >

"I almost wish i hadn’t gone down that rabbit hole and yet it’s rather curious, you know, this sort of life!"

January 13, 2015

Polka Dots and Prosperity





Polka dots. Polka dots and New Year's. I'm filipino and we have New Year's superstitions. Wearing polka dots and having round fruits on New Year's signifies "prosperity." Ever since I was a kid, my mom would always tell me to wear polka dots on New Year's...and to jump up and down shaking coins and banging pots and pans when the clock strikes midnight. Supposedly, jumping up and down at midnight will help increase your height and making lots of noise will scare away evil spirits. Sounds pretty crazy, right? But it's what I grew up knowing and I still believe in these superstitions. Do you have any New Year's superstitions or are us Filipinos just crazy?






I used to have New Year's resolutions, but as I'm getting older I've come to the realization that they don't last...just like a fad diet you try for like a week and just give up. Maybe my resolutions should be more realistic or not so drastically different from the way I've been the previous year...I don't know. This year, I've set little resolutions like picking clothes that fit me because I tend to pick things bigger than my actual size. I know that may sound like a dumb new year's resolution, but hey, it's do-able for me. What are your New Year's resolutions? Share them with me in the comments below.

(ModLook 29 Polka Dot Crop Sweater, American Apparel Disco Pants, Public Desire Platform Sandals, Zero UV Sunnies)
Photographed & Edited By: Kap

#STAYCURIOUS, CuriouserLia

19 comments:

  1. I love your style, is fucking awesome and inspiring. I'm Russian and we also have cray cray superstitions, like don't wistle inside a house, 'cause then you blow your money away. Like whut, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides, this sort of fake hublot comes out in a surprisingly lower price low priced price which can be competing when compared with reputable versions. Believe you'll want any fake audemars piguet seem and also level functionality lacking the particular well worth regarding splitting your bank account, this sort of sweet the very first is without doubt any smart selection. In case you are not necessarily looking for any water fountain dog pen, it is possible to select roller or perhaps basketball level hublot replica. The particular timepieces constrained model can be a popular number of roller pencils. That capabilities in the same way since basketball level pencils, yet is useful about light feel as well as the best part will be these kinds of pencils generate scripts just like water fountain pencils. The particular Montblanc writer's collection has been released inside the yr 1992 and also contains basketball level hublot replica uk, water fountain pencils so when a few bit units at the same time. Each one of these pencils will be imprinted together with unique with the well-known copy writers. The particular Consumer regarding Martial arts styles collection contains pencils which can be specifically created for significant copy writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain looked cheap, chuckled, then withdrew his hand. Tone cold drizzle, so cheap feel this dialogue seemingly not a ray ban sunglasses sale uk ray ban sunglasses sale online good start. What is inappropriate. cheap want to grab, yet light ray bans sale uk online rain back to the dust. cheap, do ray ban sunglasses sale online you think we two suitable for you. ray ban sunglasses sale online did not you talk ray ban sunglasses sale online to me, you in the end how ah, what do you tell me ah.

    ReplyDelete