See the Post >
See the Post >

"I almost wish i hadn’t gone down that rabbit hole and yet it’s rather curious, you know, this sort of life!"

June 30, 2014

From the Trunk Vans Sk8-Hi


So, this past Friday I had the opportunity to collaborate with my good friend, Romar Uy of FROM THE TRUNK. He's from my hometown, Carson, California and I've known him since high school. I remember him getting into the whole graffiti art scene during high school and since then, his art has flourished. I've attended one of his and his partner, Jason's, art shows several months ago and let me just say, this kid is very talented and creative. He is always coming up with new ideas and concepts regarding art. We have both worked together for a local street wear brand, IMADRI, last summer and he even created a design for some tees and a snapback. Now, he's working on customizing Vans using spray-paint showing off his background in graffiti art. Not only did he gift me with these awesome pair of Sk8-Hi Vans, but he also photographed this entire photo shoot and filmed me (video coming soon!). These Vans are in their "ILLICIT" Colorway, peep how I styled it:




For this shoot, I wanted the kicks to stand out, so I had the idea of putting together a monochrome outfit. At first, I wanted to wear denim on denim, but Romar and I decided to really have the shoes stand out so I wore black on black. I am wearing an American Apparel baseball tee, American Apparel Riding Pants, and what kind of look would this be without my famous headwrap which almost had the same color palette as the kicks.






Please be sure to check out the site FROMTHETRUNK.US, release date will be announced soon and the video from this shoot will be up soon, as well. Shoutout to Romar, thanks so much for my shoes and for a fun shoot as always!


#STAYCURIOUS, CuriouserLia

6 comments:

  1. You are so amazing, I love your style -XO- from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sneakers are so dopeee! And I love that your outfit is black which means that all the attention goes straight to your shoesss!


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete